Monday 3 June 2013

School's Out



Hello to the homeland!

It has been a strange week here and while I feel I have not much to share I figure it is best to share now as my dad is coming tomorrow (excited beyond what words can describe) and I don’t foresee a blog post while he is here (but a long one once he is gone).  As I was saying it has been a strange week…

Monday we had classes although because the kids had taken their exams and had their end of year dance ( which was so fun, see prom king queen and princesses and prince pictures)  so we simply reviewed the marked exams. 
 
On Tuesday we had an Olympics day (more pictures) and I was miraculously good at this game considering my zero hand eye coordination, but I won two games on my first throw (and the crowd goes wild!!). I think I impressed the kids as much as I impressed myself.

Then on Wednesday we went to the beach, see pictures of the students piled into the back of the mystery machine (aka huge orange truck).

 Then Thursday was a holiday here, they day of Corpris Cristi (I think).

Friday we had report card day where parents could come and talk to teachers about their kids progress and get their report cards (really nothing like a report card, more of a hand written note than anything). So the teachers all hung out at the school all day and waited for parents to come but by 2:30 we moved to the pool and got out some cocktails, made some food. We had teachers from another school come before you know it I was playing the ball toss game from the Olympics day very competitively with my boss, it was so fun. It was probably the equivalent of playing beer pong with my boss at home (not something I would typically do) however I felt if I declined in this case he would be seriously disappointed in me. Later we moved into the house and made tacos (yum!) and again got competitive playing wii bowling. It was such a fun night though and my boss was pretty drunk and told me how I was doing such a good job (which you know is the truth because he was drunk) but it was so good to hear.

My friend Emily has gone home for two weeks and now I am living alone now. I have people who are very worried about me and come visit me or call me every day. I don’t mind being alone but while having no work this week I am really glad my dad is coming, I have so many plans for us for the week and I am taking a break from having my meals made for me which will be nice but I have a friend who is going to cook one traditional meal for us when my dad is here.

In other news my Spanish has improved and my Oreo consumption has dwindled.

Much love, 
Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment